Myth # 1: It’s better to go direct than to use an trcuk insurance agent.
Some owner operators think that they can save money by cutting out the middle man and getting their insurance straight from an insurance company instead of working with an agent. The truth is, the rate you can get from an agency is usually the exact same rate you would get if you went to the insurance company directly. The rate is the same, but when you go direct, you don’t have anyone looking out for your best interest. That’s where an agent comes in.
When you use a truck insurance agency, the following things happen:
- You get a team to help you get all the certificates you need to work. Instead of taking hours or days, we can usually get certificates within the hour or faster.
- Your agency makes sure you are getting all the possible discounts from the insurance company. Rates and policies change frequently, and your agency will keep on top of these changes to ensure that you are always getting the best possible deal on your truck insurance.
- Most insurance agencies work with more than one insurance company, so we can save you the time and headaches of shopping around for your truck insurance.
- Let us be the truck insurance experts, so you can focus on driving and making money. I’ve never met a trucker who also wants to be an expert in truck insurance.
If you are not getting these 4 things from your insurance agent, you are with the wrong agency.
Myth # 2: Truck insurance prices are usually set in stone and cannot be reduced.
The truth is, there are lots of opportunities and methods to reduce truck insurance cost. An agent can work with you to get the best policy and price for your trucking business. We get to you know your business and your goals, and we help you get the right policy at the best price.
- If you have a lower deductible, you will pay less out of pocket for an accident, but your insurance premium will go up. If your business has never or rarely been in an accident, we’ll work with you to determine if it’s a smart move to raise your deductible to $1,000 to $2,000.
- Safety is important. Insurance rates can go down if your company and your drivers have safety programs. Having a safe record with the DOT will also help. Last but not least, safety and accountability features like dash cam systems can help stop false claims.
Ask your insurance agent to look over your policy. If your business has changed, you may be paying for extra coverages you no longer need, or you may have coverage gaps that need to be filled.
Myth # 3: Because all truck insurance is practically the same, I should go with the least expensive option.
Price is often the only thing people think about when looking for commercial truck insurance, but we recommend that trucking companies look for comprehensive insurance first and then a low price second. Getting comprehensive coverage usually means working with an insurance agency that knows a lot about trucking insurance. We can help you weight the costs and benefits of various features and programs, and find the policy and price that work best for your trucking business.
About Coast Transport Insurance Service
Coast Transport Insurance Services is an insurance agency that focuses on commercial truck insurance. We are truck insurance specialists and are eager to share our knowledge with you. Our clients appreciate that we work hard to get them affordable insurance rates they can afford with unbeatable customer service. In addition, they like the speed at which we provide truck insurance, customer service, insurance certificates, and coverage changes. Contact us at (800) 348-0017 for more information.